Social Icons


Saturday, June 16, 2012

School Year End

Finally winding down from the end of the school year, my own as well as my children's. I couldn't ask for a better end, as I had the opportunity to see my 8-year old's final "island" project on Sir Lanka. She created a brochure and even did a Scratch project on her island. Can you believe it...my eight year old is already programming...but then again anyone really can when using Scratch. See the picture below of her Island - main character who tells the information of her island.


http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Bayside_STRETCh/2579897

Too cute!

I will be headed off to ISTE 2012 next week to promote computer programming skills in K-8 curriculum. I am excited to share what my students have been doing, as all the 6th graders made Verb games that I will be sharing...but more on ISTE later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers